To submit an “Access My Information” or “Delete My Information” request, click below. If you’d prefer to submit your request via phone, please call us. If you are looking to opt-out of Jostens marketing emails or texts, you should click Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email or reply “STOP” to the text. Alternatively, you may email your opt-out request to email@example.com
Your California Privacy Rights
Removal of Posted Information by Minors. Under California law, Jostens customers who are California residents under 18 and are registered users of a Property can remove, or request and obtain removal of, content or information posted by the customer on this Property. Certain Properties offer functionality to remove posted content. If functionality to remove posted content is not available, California residents under 18 can request the removal of posted content and information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "California Minor Content Removal Request" in the subject line and in the body of your message. Please specify in your request the Property to which your request relates and the specific information or content you posted for which you are requesting removal. Please note that the removal of content and information does not ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the posted content or information.
Information Shared With Third Parties. Under California's "Shine the Light" law, Jostens customers who are California residents can request certain information once per calendar year regarding the types of information shared by Jostens with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties. If you are a California resident, email requests to email@example.com with "California Privacy Information Request" in the subject line and in the body of your message. Please also specify in your request the Jostens company to which your request pertains, otherwise we will treat your request as pertaining to Jostens, Inc. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Effective January 1, 2020, if you reside in California, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request us to disclose to you, no more than twice in a 12-month period, certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months period. To exercise this right, you must provide a verifiable consumer request by completing the webform at https://www.jostens.com/about/legal/your-california-privacy-rights or call us at 1-855-314-8390. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- Categories of personal information we have collected about you during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of third parties with whom we share personal information during the preceding 12 months
- Specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of personal information about you that we have collected and sold, and categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold during the preceding 12 months
- Categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed for a business purpose during the preceding 12 months
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information. To exercise this right, you must provide a verifiable consumer request by either completing the webform at https://www.jostens.com/legalnotices/ca/ or call us at 1-855-314-8390. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- You have the right to affirmatively authorize us to sell your personal information if you are between 13 and 16 years of age. Notwithstanding the above right to direct us not to sell your personal information, we cannot sell your personal information, if you are between 13 and 16 years of age, unless you have affirmatively authorized the sale of your personal information. To exercise this right to opt in, you will not need to create an account.
We may not discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights under this Supplement for California Residents. Unless permitted by CCPA, we will not:
- Denying goods or services to you.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, nothing prohibits us from charging you a different price or rate, or from providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
We may offer financial incentives, including payments to you as compensation, for the collection of personal information, the sale of personal information, or the deletion of personal information. We may also offer a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods or services to you if that price or difference is directly related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
Categories of Personal Information Collected in last 12 months
Identifiers; Personal Information described in the California Customer Records Statute; Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; Commercial Information; Biometric data; Internet or other electronic network activity; Professional or employment information; Geolocation data; Sensory information; Non-public Education Information
Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- to take, verify, process and deliver your order, process or obtain payment, verify your tax or tax exempt status, contest chargebacks, and determine your credit eligibility
- to send you notices from time to time relating to your account, your purchases and orders
- to determine your geographical location for compliance, security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes
- to provide you, to the extent permitted by applicable law, with a personalized shopping experience
- for warranty, technical support or similar purposes
- to establish an account for future purchases by you
- to facilitate subscription renewals
- to provide you with effective customer service (which to the extent and in a manner permitted by applicable law includes contacting users in connection with their use, or ceasing to use or abandoning a transaction through a Property) and/or technical support
- to assist you in locating your school while using some of our Properties
- to provide, manage, improve, personalize and support your use of a Property, our products and services, and/or the services of our customers and partners
- to improve a Property, the customer and consumer experience, and our products and services
- for fraud prevention purposes, such as device fingerprinting
- to identify actions or transactions as originating through an affiliate marketing, channel partner, or referral program
- to deliver targeted advertisements on a Property and other websites and/or commerce solutions
- to provide reporting to our current and prospective partners and service providers
- for other historical, statistical or research and analysis purposes
- to create and promote products and services for schools (i.e. advertising materials for schools to purchase our products)
- for marketing analysis, quality improvement and to provide you with customized content and offers
- for administering prize promotions, offers and events
- to comply with legal requirements, law enforcement and business transactions
Categories of Sources From Which Personal Information is Collected
You; Schools; Affiliates; Advertising/Marketing providers; Analytic providers; Social media platforms; Publicly available data bases
Categories of Third Parties With Which Jostens Shares Personal information
Advertising/Marketing providers; Affiliates; Analytics providers; Customer relationship management platforms; law enforcement/government officials; Payment processors; Social media platforms
Categories of Personal Information Sold in the Past 12 Months
Internet or another electronic network activity